Thursday, February 19, 2009

Journal 10.1

The “future” kindergarten teacher is flexible, enjoys children, can work well with many different types of people, and they take an active role in promoting developmentally appropriate learning. I very much enjoy working with children, and I love to engage them and to see them learn, so I feel that I will be able to promote developmentally appropriate learning with some training, since right now it is sort of difficult to know what sort of level students should be on in a particular grade. I also appreciate collaborative work, and I feel that to create the best possible educational system for our children, we have to get perspectives of many different people, like parents, specialists, and other teachers in the school. I am sure that I will be able to work well and collaborate with all these people once I am primarily responsible for a classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome - collaboration is so important. I loved meeting with my teaching team and coming up with lessons and activities together. It was also really valuable to have opportunities to talk with the special education teacher, speech teacher, and ELL teachers. I couldn't have done MY job without THEIR help.

    ReplyDelete